Run Opera mini on Nokia s40(v2, v3, v5)
Accoring to Nokia:
|As we all know, Nokia doesn’t allow one to specify a proxy for an Access Point in Series 40 v2 and v3 and v5 phones (6131, 6133, 3110c, 5300, 5200, 5310, 6500) etc.
In its recent versions of the Series40 OS (v2 & v3 & v5), Nokia has removed the ability to specify a proxy server associated with an access point. Therefore, those with WAP network plans (such as TMobileWeb users, Airtel NOP users) are unable to use JAVA programs that require internet access (such as Opera Mini, Google Maps, …).
However, Nokia does allow users to create a provisioning document on their computer. This document, created in wbxml, specifies an access point along with a proxy. The S40 phone recognizes the configuration settings in the document and allows the JAVA midlet to use those instead, thereby allowing the midlet to access the proxy. Its very simple to implement.
The files included in the zip provide some sample xml documents, and the associated provisioning (.prov) files
Giving link By aritrap:
from Here we can Download a zip file which have various setting file(.prov) and .wml which we can Edit accordingly.
But Main problem here How to Edit this wml file according to our service provider.
So Now i am going to tell how to do:
1. Download NokiaJAVAProxy.zip from above url.
2. Download wbxml2-0.9.0-bin.win32.rar from here(i uploaded.):
3. Now after extracting open any of the .wml file, look as:
<!DOCTYPE wap-provisioningdoc PUBLIC “-//WAPFORUM//DTD PROV 1.0//EN”
<!– This WML doc created by Ravi Mathur, Oct 22 2007 –>
<!– Defines how network access occurs –>
<!– Connect through specified proxy –>
<!– Defines proxy parameters –>
<!– Connect through specified access point –>
<!– Defines Network Access Point (NAP) parameters –>
4. Edit acoording to your service provider specification, which i have marked as RED.
you can also edit Your service providers name(optionally), which i have marked as green. and Save it.
5. Now Make a folder in any Drive and copy/paste this wml file in this folder.
6. extract and copy/paste wbxml2-0.9.0-bin.win32 folder also in that folder(for your ease only).
7. open wbxml2-0.9.0-bin.win32 and you will see xml2wbxml.exe.
8. To run this file open command window and go your created folder by cd command and run it. It will show how to use it.
Syntax: xml2wbxl -o output.wbxml input.xml
|xml2wbxml -o C:\Amir\Idea proxy setting\NokiaJAVAProxy.prov C:\Amir\Idea proxy setting\NokiaJAVAProxy.wml|
This will generate a .prov file with name NokiaJAVAProxy.prov in the folder name C:\Amir\Idea proxy setting.
9. Thats all.
Now you can transfer this .prov file in your mobile using bluetooth or infrared.
Save this setting and make it defult from configuration.
Fore more help see these screen shoot step wise:
This tut is written by My own