- cat /etc/debian_version
for Deepin 15.3, its 8.0 Jessie
Tag: ubuntu 8.04 experience
i had a hard time installing this new ubuntu version i bought with the chip june 2008 issue.
i wasnt able to install it properly . Busybox shell appeared everytime i tried installing .
later on three days ago when i searched UBUNTU FORUMS i found out the answers to the problem . i had to use ‘all_generic_ide’ in the install option > press f6 then write it ..
It could be caused by all sorts of things – but here is one common solution to try:
1. Start the CD and select your language.
2. Press F6 to show the kernel parameters.
3. Move the cursor to the end after ‘ — ‘
4. Add ‘all_generic_ide’ after a space (without the quote marks)
5. Press enter to startup.
If this works you will probably have to do it for the installed system too. See http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php=3fp=3d4799028&postcount=3d15 for how to do that.
If it doesn’t work, then we’ll have to think of something else – so please post details of your system (brand, model, CPU, sata or ide, etc).
then i wanted to connect to internet via mobile gprs service …
Internet Connection in Linux via Mobile
1.Connect the mobile via USB cable.
2. Open terminal and type su to become root.
3. It will ask for the root password, type in there.
4. Then Issue this command
Phone wud b detected as Modem
5. Then to Edit this file, open it in a Text Editor
When we issued command in point 4, it showed the address of ur phone that in which USB port it has been connected. note it down from there.
“Modem = /dev/***”
6. When Text Editor opens the file, erase everything from there and Paste the following:
Modem = /dev/ttyUSB0 # prefernece … main> manage addons … there in the first tab u can find go online button…
but the net is very slow…
even after changing the pipelining option using >> about:config …..
i found out the aptoncd pack my last saved packages of ubuntu 7.04
also learnt that .deb can be installed very easily unlike the rpm or tar files …
all this till now … will try digging more into this … TO BE CONTINUED….
Sent on a phone using T9space.com